Tuesday, June 18, 2019

It’s anuddah shoah.

So I watched a video of Charlie Kirk saying that "America is just a placeholder for timeless ideas" (h/t commenter Jeroth on Vox Popoli). And I was once again reminded of how weirdly common it is for U.S. Jews to deny that Americans even exist as an authentic ethnicity with blood ties to the land.

I have Plymouth Rock ancestors. My family fought in the Revolutionary War and both sides of the Civil War. They tamed the wild land of the near coast as colonists, and tamed the land east of the Mississippi as settlers. And then when that got too easy, they took to the Oregon Trail as pioneers and tamed the rest of this wild continent too.

America is a nation of pioneers. To say that we’re a "nation of immigrants" is a self-serving lie by Johnnies-come-lately, like women saying they’re “beautiful at any size.” It’s so absurd that I can only assume they’re mostly just trying to convince themselves.

So when these newcomers claim that unhyphenated Americans don’t even exist, I frankly take that as an aspirational statement. I take it as eliminationist rhetoric.

I take it as a threat against my people’s very existence.

It’s anuddah shoah.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Brother! I have ancestral lineage going back to 1665. Actual genealogical research done by my grandfather, not just family lore (often questionable), as with so many people (not saying you, btw). This shit is really getting my back up.

    Great start to the blog. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Charlie Kirk a jew? He seems to suggest he's a Christian. Did he convert?

    ReplyDelete